Pet travel to Europe after Brexit

Update: as the Brexit deadlines loom we have been advised by DEFRA  (the Government Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs) to prepare for the worst case scenario which is that we may become an ‘unlisted country’. This means there will be extra paperwork and checks in place for travel. Please note this is the ‘worst case’ only.

We will be required to complete extra paperwork on behalf of owners in order for their pets to be able to travel. This will take considerably more time and you will need a certificate filled out by one of Blythwood’s government approved vets each time you want to go abroad. This certificate can be used for travel to the EU for up to 10 days after issue. We will keep you informed of any developments as they emerge.

Please visit the gov website for more information.